About the contest
Step into the enchanting world of Indian weddings with our exciting Wedding Magic Photography Contest! This wedding season, we invite wedding photographers to join us on a mesmerizing journey through vibrant rituals, heartwarming traditions, fairytale love stories, and the sheer magic of Indian weddings. Sony is hosting an amazing contest for wedding photography enthusiasts to become a part of exuberant Indian wedding rituals through the medium of wedding photography. Wedding photographers out there can share and submit their most cherished wedding moments capturing the cultural wedding vibes, the Saatpheras, the bride’s emotional Vidai, the extravagant Haldi rituals, and much more on the Alpha Community website, each accompanied by a compelling narrative that unveils the story behind the image and explains how it encapsulates the enthralling essence of Indian weddings. As the icing on the cake, we'll be unveiling fabulous prizes to reward the outstanding winners.
So, don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to revel in the artistic brilliance and grandeur that epitomize Indian weddings!
You can submit up to two images with description.
Yes, this contest is exclusive to Sony Alpha Gear users
Contest Duration – 23rd Oct to 31st Dec 2023
Yes, you have to log in
Participants will be contacted through email id primarily for any conversation regarding the winner announcement. In case the winner cannot be contacted even after two (2) attempted mail intimation within three (3) days consecutive days, the selected winner will stand disqualified and the next eligible participant will be selected as per the procedure set out herein. Kindly visit My profile and also update your mobile number and social links for us to reach you.
Terms & Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions carefully. By entering in-to this contest, you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Contest is organised and conducted by Sony India Private Limited having its office at A-18, Mohan Co-operative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, New Delhi-110044 (Sony India).
- The duration for registering the form is between Oct 23 to Dec 31, 2023. After this time period no entries shall be entertained.
- Eligibility: Participants must be citizens of India residing in India. Residents of other countries and non-citizens of India are not eligible to participate. Employees of Sony India, its advertising and promotional agencies and its auditors / executing agencies and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
- Participation in this Contest is voluntary. Entries may only be made according to the procedure described herein.
- To participate, the Participant(s) must follow the below steps:
a) Customer must submit their entries on this link https://alphacommunity.in/photo-contests/3/wedding-magic-by-sony-contest/
b) Customer can submit minimum 1 and maximum 2 pictures.
c) While submitting the pictures, users will be asked to submit Raw/Unedited version as well
d) The pictures must be clicked from Sony Camera.
e) Customer must ensure that the consent has been taken from the couple whose wedding images are submitted for the contest.
- Entries which do not qualify with these terms will be disqualified. Sony India reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entry any time.
- All participants hereby declare and confirm that they have obtained the requisite consent from all subjects featured in their submitted photographs. This includes, but is not limited to, the consent of the bride, groom, and any other individuals who may appear in the photographs. Participants must ensure that they have obtained the necessary permissions to use these photographs for the purposes of this competition. The organizers reserve the right to request evidence of consent at any time during or after the competition. Failure to provide such evidence upon request may result in disqualification and forfeiture of any prizes or recognition.
- An entry must:
a) be an original and independent creation of, and owned by, the Participant or the Participant should be sufficiently entitled to; free of any claims, including but not limited to copyright, design or trademark claims from any third party.
b) not be published material, which includes but is not limited to any publication on any forum in the form of a submission towards any contest or competition of any manner, irrespective of whether or not any award, commendation, recognition or other distinction was accorded to such submission by such contest or competition;
c) not be subject to any restrictions as to use, publication, reproduction, duplication, copying or in any way; or infringe or interfere with any rights of any third party, or infringe any applicable laws.
d) not contain, indicate, suggest or refer to any material, content or information, including but not limited to logos, caricatures, slogans, sketches, designs or other graphics or any other material which are or are likely to infringe upon any rights under applicable laws (including, but not limited to copyright, trademark, design or contract) of any third party or must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, against national security or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. or content which violates any law, public morale etc
- Winner Selection: Three winners will be selected by the judges who stand a chance to win
1st Winner - SEL1224G worth Rs.1,51,990/-
2nd Winner - SEL70200G worth Rs.1,12,490/-
3rd Winner - SEL35F18F worth Rs.59,990/-
- Taxes & Incidental expenses: Winners shall be liable for all taxes, levies and duties due and owing under applicable and statutory laws in connection with the Prize and all other costs, expenses including travel expenses, etc.
- Particulars such as email id is mandatory to enable Sony India to contact the winner and dispatch the prize. Participation in this contest and furnishing of the personal details by the Participants shall be treated as consent to receive communication at the contact no / email. No unsolicited contact will be made. Sony India shall not be responsible for non-receipt of any communication due to network failure or any other issue, technical or otherwise, not within the control of Sony India.
- Participant will be contacted through email id primarily for any conversation regarding winner announcement. In case the winner cannot be contacted even after two (2) attempted mail intimation within three (3) days consecutive days, the selected winner will stand disqualified and the next eligible participant will be selected as per procedure set out herein.
- The Prizes cannot be transferred/negotiated. No cash redemption or substitution will be allowed. If the prize is unavailable, Sony India reserves the right to substitute it with equal or greater value.
- Subject to deposition of tax by winner, submission of ID and Address proof and verification by Sony India, the prize would be dispatched to the winner(s) on the address provided by them at Sony India’s cost. Sony India shall not be responsible for non-receipt of the prize on account of any change/error in address provided by the winner(s) or any other reason beyond the control of Sony India.
- Mere participation in the Contest does not entitle the Participant to a Prize.
- Sony India shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations mentioned herein, caused by extreme weather conditions, strike, transport issue or any other event amounting to Force Majeure and beyond their control.
- By entering into the Contest and accepting the Prize, the Prize Winner waive all copyrights, rights of publicity and any related rights and consents to Sony India’s right to picture, tape or portray him/her as a Contest winner, and to exhibit this material in any and all media now existing or hereinafter created, including without limitation television, film, radio and print media without any compensation whatsoever for advertising and publicity purposes, except where prohibited by law. The Prize Winner also consents to Sony India’s right to use his/her name, voice or picture or the content of his/her Contest entry.
- Hold Harmless/Release: By participating in the contest, each participant agrees to hold harmless Sony India and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents, as well as all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Contest and the awarding and use, misuse or possession of the Prize, including liability for personal injury, except where prohibited or limited by law.
- Sony India reserves the right to change/alter/modify the conditions of this contest and to alter or terminate the Contest at any time without prior notice.
- By participating in the Contest, each Participant specifically agrees as follows (a) to be bound by these terms which are final and binding in all respect and to comply with all decisions of Sony India with regard to the contest (b) that he/she meets the eligibility requirements under these terms and conditions (c) to comply with all central, state, local laws and regulations.
- The Contest is not available (void) where prohibited by any law. This contest shall not be available in the state of Tamil Nadu. All relevant national and local laws apply. All disputes to be settled within the jurisdiction of the Courts in New Delhi only.
- Images with sony camera EXIF details are only allowed for contest entries. Kindly ensure you do not lose the image EXIF details while using any editing software.
- Images with a watermark will not be considered valid for content entry.