About Girish Mistry
Girish Mistry’s photography career spans nearly 4 decades. He studied his Art and Science from the USA. He was the first Indian photographer to introduce front projection technology successfully in the fashion and advertising field. He is a Mentor/Ambassador/Expert, for Sony India, Zeiss, Epson, Platinum Partner for Manfrotto and Gitzo. He also is an Ex Guest Editor, Times Journal of Photography. TOI publications. He conducted many workshops for Kodak India, Canon, regional photography associations and Aiptia, pan India. He has been a guest faculty at the premier Art Colleges of India. Currently he is the Dean of The Shari Academy of Professional Photography and Digital Imaging, the only Silver Jubilee photography school in India . Shari Alumnus are brand name photographers in India and abroad. To name a few, Vikram Bava, Jignesh Jhaveri, Himanshu Seth, Mudita Aeron, Dhruvin Shah, Vivek Sequerira, Ranjan Zingade, Vineet Bhat, Riddhi Parrekh, Bharat Bhirangi, Sachin Chandane, Varun Chawla, and man, many more.
- 1991: Sanman patra by The Panchal Seva Samaj, Mumbai.
- 1995: Sanman Patra at the hands of Palak Mantri Shri. Chandrakant Khaire at Aurangabad organized by Aurangabad Photographers Association.
- Sanman Patra by the Orange City Photographers Association. Nagpur.
- 1997: Athithi Visesh, Sanman Patra by Kala Gurjari, Mumbai.
- 1998: Athithi Visesh, Sanman Patra by Jagdalpur Photographers Association, Raipur, Madhya Pradesh
- 2003: In appriciation to valuable contribution for the art of photography by hand of Shri Chhagan Bhujbal and Shri Anil Deskmukh, AIPTIA and Pan India Network
- 2010: Recognised as Maha People of Maharashtra. IMB, Times of India, on the Golden Jubilee of the State of Maharashtra.
- 2012: ‘Hall of Fame’ by St. Xaviers Boys Academy by Alma Matter.
- 2012: Manfrotto India recognise Shari Academy as the Platinum Partner In India.
- 3 times winner of “10 Most influential People in Photography Industry” Award from Asian Photography.
No Social Link provided Yet !!!